Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thirsting For God

Psalm 42:1-2
"As the deer pants for the water brooks, so my soul pants for you, my God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with my God?
My tears have been my food day and night,
While people say to me all day long, 'where is your God?'"


King David, perhaps the most prolific King in Israel's history, and a man God called "a man after My Own heart," suffered some incredible things. He also made some pretty big mistakes in his career. However, the redeeming quality in David's life was that He always knew where to turn - back to God. Even when others were saying "where is your God now, buddy?", David opened up his heart and cried out to Him. I'd like to encourage you to follow the example of a man who accomplished great things and made great mistakes, but whose greatest accolade is that He was a "man after God's own heart."

No comments: